Caregivers Alberta is here to support you through this difficult and uncertain time. We recognize that as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, there can be heightened feelings of stress, anxiety and isolation – particularly for those caring for friends and family. Caregivers Alberta is still open and we will continue to offer support to all Albertans through our Caregiver Support Line and online programming.However, we are not available for in-person visits as the Jerry Forbes Centre is closed to the public.
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Support Plan: A list of available financial supports and benefits for individuals and businesses.
- Information on job protected leaves
- For up to date information on the actions being taken to protect the health of Albertans visit ca
- COVID-19 information for Albertans
- Use this self-assessment toolfrom Alberta Health Services to help determine whether you should be tested for COVID-19
- COVID-19 FAQ
Caregivers Alberta is still open and we will continue to offer support through our Caregiver Advisor and online programming. However, we are not available for in-person visits as the Jerry Forbes Centre is closed to the public.
March 17th Statement:
To our Caregivers,
Over the last few days we have been carefully monitoring the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation. While the Public Health Agency of Canada still currently considers the public health risk posed by COVID-19 as low, the Alberta Government has put into place many proactive measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in our province.
The health and well-being of our community is our top priority and so we believe it is important to take all necessary precautions to ensure your safety. We believe that it is our duty to do what we can to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Therefore, from March 16th to March 31st our office will be closed to the public. This means that all in-person programming will now be offered online or postponed.
- Caregiver Support Community (March 19): Moved to online delivery
- Hidden Supports for Caregivers (March 24): Moved to online delivery
- March COMPASS for the Caregiver sessions: Postponed
- COMPASS Facilitator Training & Refresher Training (March 18): Postponed
- COMPASS Facilitator Training & Refresher Training (Cochrane – April 2): Postponed
We recognize that as this situation continues to evolve that there can be heightened feelings of stress, anxiety, and isolation. Please be assured that although our office is closed to the public, Caregivers Alberta is still open and we will continue to offer support through our Caregiver Advisor and online programming.
You can connect with our Caregiver Advisor by:
- Phone: 780-453-5088 | 1-877-453-5088 (toll-free)
- Email: email@example.com
We have added new online Caregiver Support Community groups and online programming. Please visit our COVID-19 Resources page for more information.
We are thankful for your patience and understanding as we navigate this evolving situation. We’re all in this together, and we will continue to support you in the best way that we can.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 780-453-5088 | 1-877-453-5088 (toll-free).