Caregivers Alberta is here to support you through this difficult and uncertain time. We recognize that as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve that there can be heightened feelings of stress, anxiety, and isolation. Caregivers Alberta is still open and we will continue to offer support to ALL Albertans through our Caregiver Advisor and online programming. However, we are not available for in-person visits as the Jerry Forbes Centre is closed to the public. (Read our full statement)
Caregivers Alberta Support
Online Peer Support: In response to the evolving COVID-19 situation we had added new ONLINE Caregiver Support Community groups happening each Monday and Thursday! Learn More & Register
Caregiver Advisor: Need one-on-one support? Our Caregiver Advisor can connect you to the resources you need, offer personalized support and is there to listen when you just need to talk. You can connect to our Caregiver Advisor by:
- Phone: 780-453-5088 | 1-877-453-5088 (toll-free)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPASS for the Caregiver: Caregiving can be a stressful, isolating, and overwhelming experience. And with the COVID-19 pandemic many caregivers are experiencing added levels of stress and anxiety.
Our award-winning COMPASS for the Caregiver program helps caregivers balance their own well-being with the challenges of caregiving and is facilitated by someone who understands those challenges.
July Online Workshops:
- July 7 | 1:00PM – 3:00PM — Virtual Paint Party
- July 21 | 1:00PM – 2:00PM — Life Without Limits (presented in partnership with Cerebral Palsy Alberta)
- July 28 | 1:30PM – 2:00PM — The Hidden Caregivers: Children, Youth, and Young Adults in Alberta
Well Connected: Caregivers Alberta has collaborated with ElderCare Edmonton to support family caregivers and care recipients.
No matter your age or where you are in the province, you can stay connected by participating in activities, education, and friendly conversation. Both caregivers and care recipients are welcome to participate! Groups facilitated by ElderCare Edmonton therapeutic recreation specialists.
Watch Past Online Workshops: You can watch past online workshops on our YouTube channel at any time.
Caregivers Alberta Facebook: Follow us on Facebook for daily updates, articles, and resources! You can also join our Caregiver Community Facebook group to connect with caregivers from all across the province.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit: If you have stopped working because of COVID-19, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) may provide you with temporary income support. The CERB provides $500 a week for up to 16 weeks.
- Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) provides financial support to post-secondary students, and recent post-secondary and high school graduates who are unable to find work due to COVID-19.
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Support Plan: A list of available financial supports and benefits for individuals and businesses.
- For up to date information on the actions being taken to protect the health of Albertans visit Alberta.ca
- COVID-19 information for Albertans
- Use this self-assessment tool from Alberta Health Services to help determine whether you should be tested for COVID-19
- COVID-19 FAQ