Caregivers Alberta is here to support you through this difficult and uncertain time. We recognize that as the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve that there can be heightened feelings of stress, anxiety, and isolation. Caregivers Alberta is still open and we will continue to offer support to ALL Albertans through our Caregiver Advisor and online programming. However, we are not available for in-person visits as the Jerry Forbes Centre is closed to the public. (Read our full statement)
Caregivers Alberta Support
Online Peer Support: In response to the evolving COVID-19 situation we had added new ONLINE Caregiver Support Community groups happening each Monday and Thursday! Learn More & Register
Caregiver Advisor: Need one-on-one support? Our Caregiver Advisor can connect you to the resources you need, offer personalized support and is there to listen when you just need to talk. You can connect to our Caregiver Advisor by:
- Phone: 780-453-5088 | 1-877-453-5088 (toll-free)
- Email: email@example.com
COMPASS for the Caregiver: Caregiving can be a stressful, isolating, and overwhelming experience. And with the COVID-19 pandemic many caregivers are experiencing added levels of stress and anxiety.
Our award-winning COMPASS for the Caregiver program helps caregivers balance their own well-being with the challenges of caregiving and is facilitated by someone who understands those challenges.
This COMPASS for the Caregiver workshop is being held online over the span of 4 consecutive weeks. Before registering please ensure that you can virtually attend all 4 sessions listed (June 5, 12, 19, 26 | 1:00PM – 3:00PM)
Upcoming Online Workshops:
- May 19 | 1:00PM – 2:30PM — Music, Sound and Your Wellness: An Introduction
- May 26 | 1:00PM – 2:00PM and 2:00PM – 3:00PM — Caregiving 101: Presented in both Hindi and Punjabi
- May 28 | 11:00AM – 12:30PM — Family Caregiving in Canada: COVID-19 and Beyond (National Forum)
- June 5, 12, 19, 26 | 1:00PM – 3:00PM — COMPASS for the Caregiver
Well Connected: Caregivers Alberta has collaborated with ElderCare Edmonton to support family caregivers, enrich lives and promote engagement by offering an at home day program.
No matter your age or where you are in the province, you can stay connected by participating in activities, education, and friendly conversation. Both caregivers and care recipients are welcome to participate! Groups facilitated by ElderCare Edmonton therapeutic recreation specialists.
Watch Past Online Workshops: You can watch past online workshops on our YouTube channel at any time.
Caregivers Alberta Facebook: Follow us on Facebook for daily updates, articles, and resources! You can also join our Caregiver Community Facebook group to connect with caregivers from all across the province.
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit: If you have stopped working because of COVID-19, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) may provide you with temporary income support. The CERB provides $500 a week for up to 16 weeks.
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Support Plan: A list of available financial supports and benefits for individuals and businesses.
- For up to date information on the actions being taken to protect the health of Albertans visit Alberta.ca
- Use this self-assessment tool from Alberta Health Services to help determine whether you should be tested for COVID-19
- COVID-19 FAQ