Be a part of leading our award-winning COMPASS training program to help caregivers balance their own well-being with the challenges of caregiving.
Upcoming Facilitator Training
Our next COMPASS for the Caregiver Facilitator Training sessions will take place in September from 1 to 4 p.m., Monday, Sept. 12, Wednesday, Sept. 14 and Friday, Sept. 16.
For further information, please contact Johnna Lowther at: email@example.com.
Our Four-Module Curriculum
Were you previously a registered COMPASS facilitator with Caregivers Alberta? Are you interested in becoming a newly licensed facilitator to deliver the award-winning COMPASS for the Caregiver program in your community? We now offer online training opportunities to prepare you in delivering the new curriculum and workshop modules.
Traditionally, COMPASS has been an in-person program delivered to registered participants. We are now introducing an online program option for participants and training facilitators how to deliver both models within their community-based settings.
Please note that this is a three-day training workshop. You must be present for all three training sessions.
Becoming a facilitator
Information and materials provided:
- Participant curriculum manual
- Facilitator’s guide and best practices for delivery
- Program policies and procedures
- NEW registration process (including participant fees)
- Options for agency partners to reduce costs to participants
- Facilitator compensation requests
- Marketing and promotion
- Supplemental resources
Please note there are two prerequisites:
- Delivering this course as a licensed facilitator requires signing a facilitators’ agreement with Caregivers Alberta, or being listed on an Agency Partnership Agreement, renewable every two years.
- You must have previously attended COMPASS for the Caregiver as a program participant (or be registered to do so) prior to teaching it as a facilitator.
These training sessions are offered via the online platform ZOOM Meetings. It will be important that you can join via computer or tablet (not cell phone). The sessions include quite a bit of shared screen-content and require your ability to share a screen as well in part of the training process.
Training is delivered by an experienced facilitator, and includes a facilitator manual, participant workbook and supplemental resources.
- New Facilitator Training: $695
- Refresher Training (For currently licensed COMPASS Facilitators): $100
For help with any questions or concerns, please contact Johnna Lowther at firstname.lastname@example.org