Be a part of leading our award-winning COMPASS training program that helps caregivers balance their own well-being with the challenges of caregiving.
Upcoming Facilitator Training
There are currently no upcoming facilitator training opportunities available.
For any questions or intrest please contact Johnna Lowther at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our NEW 4 Module Curriculum
Were you previously a registered COMPASS facilitator with Caregivers Alberta? Are you interested in becoming a newly licensed facilitator to deliver the award-winning COMPASS for the Caregiver program in your community? We now offer ONLINE training opportunities to prepare you in delivering the new curriculum and workshop modules.
Traditionally, COMPASS has been an in-person program delivered to registered participants. We are now introducing an online program option for participants and training facilitators how to deliver both models within their community-based settings.
Please note that this is a three-day training workshop. You must be present for all three training sessions.
Becoming a facilitator
- Participant Curriculum Manual
- Facilitator’s Guide & Best Practices
- Program Policies & Procedures
- NEW Registration Process (including participant fees)
- Options for Agency Partners to reduce costs to participants
- Facilitator Compensation Requests
- Marketing and Promotion
- Supplemental Resources
Please note there are two prerequisites:
- Delivering this course as a licensed facilitator requires signing a facilitators agreement with Caregivers Alberta, or be listed on an Agency Partnership Agreement, renewable every 2 years.
- You must have previously attended COMPASS for the Caregiver as a program participant (or be registered to do so) prior to teaching it as a facilitator.
This training session is offered via the online platform ZOOM Video Conferencing. It will be important that you can join via computer or tablet (not cell phone). It includes quite a bit of shared screen content and requires your ability to share a screen as well in part of the training process.
Training is delivered by an experienced facilitator, and includes a facilitator manual, participant workbook and supplemental resources.
- New Facilitator Training: $695
- Refresher Training (For currently licensed COMPASS Facilitators): $100
For any questions or concerns, please contact Johnna Lowther at email@example.com