If you are finding juggling work and your caregiving responsibilities to be a challenge, you aren’t alone. 30-35% of the workforce are caregivers, and many caregivers face similar struggles and a lack of support from their employers.
Caregivers Alberta has compiled resources to help you advocate for yourself and help your employer to lead the way in becoming a caregiver-friendly organization.
The benefits of supporting caregivers include:
- Increased productivity
- Reduced stress and sick leave
- Attract and retain staff
- Cost savings
- Foster creativity and innovation
- Improve job satisfaction and morale
- Improve service delivery
To help you get through any issues that arise for you as a caregiver, Caregivers Alberta offers a variety of support resources and programs including:
- One-on-one caregiver coaching
- COMPASS for the Caregiver workshop series
- Educational workshops
- Community support groups
- Resources and help with system navigation
Caregivers Alberta is here to help you learn more about caregiving in the workplace.