COMPASS is a program for caregivers that focuses on self-care, wellness and supportive sharing. For more information on the program, please see the COMPASS page.
Introducing the NEW 4 Module Curriculum! Whether you were previously a registered COMPASS facilitator with Caregivers Alberta or are interested in becoming a newly licensed facilitator to deliver the award winning COMPASS for the Caregiver program in your community, we are offering an ONLINE training opportunity to prepare you in delivering the new curriculum and workshop modules.
Traditionally, COMPASS has been an in-person program delivered to registered participants. We are now introducing an online program option for participants and training facilitators how to deliver both models within their community based settings.
Please note that this is a three day training workshop. You must be present for all three training sessions (November 3, 4, and 5 from 1:00 PM – 3:30 PM)
We’ll be reviewing:
- Participant Curriculum Manual
- Facilitator’s Guide & Best Practices
- Program Policies & Procedures
- NEW Registration Process (including participant fees)
- Options for Agency Partners to reduce costs to participants
- Facilitator Compensation Requests
- Marketing and Promotion
- Supplemental Resources
Please note there are two prerequisites:
- Delivering this course as a licensed facilitator requires signing a facilitators agreement with Caregivers Alberta, or be listed on an Agency Partnership Agreement, renewable every 2 years.
- You must have previously attended COMPASS for the Caregiver as a program participant (or be registered to do so) prior to teaching it as a facilitator.
This training session is offered via the online platform ZOOM Video Conferencing. It will be important that you can join via computer or tablet (not cell phone). It includes quite a bit of shared screen content, and requires your ability to share a screen as well in part of the training process.
Training is delivered by an experienced facilitator, and includes a facilitator manual, participant workbook and supplemental resources.
- New Facilitator Training: $695
- Refresher Training (For currently licensed COMPASS Facilitators): $100
For any questions or concerns please contact Johnna Lowther at: email@example.com