Programs & Events Calendar
Caregivers Alberta offers a mix of educational and respite focused programs each month. These include in-person workshops, online webinars, and the Caregiver Support Community. Please check back regularly or sign up for our monthly newsletter Caregiver Connections to stay up to date!
- This event has passed.
Budgeting and Money Management During Times of Crisis (Online Workshop)
June 23, 2020 at 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Join us on June 23rd from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM to learn more about the financial programs that exist today at the local, provincial and federal level. You’ll also learn about some COVID-19 specific programs such as:
- Temporary wage top-up for low income essential workers
- Extended tax-filing deadline
- Increased Canada Child Benefit
- Increased OAS and GIS
- Special GST credit payment
- Benefits for those who qualify for EI, and those who do not
- Mortgage payment deferral
- Programs for Indigenous people
*Not all programs are available to everyone. Some require qualification, some are mutually exclusive.