Founded in 2001 by a group of concerned caregivers, Caregivers Alberta strives to empower caregivers and promote their well-being by providing resources, mental health support, and education for people caring for family members or friends.
Caregivers are heroes, not victims, but even heroes need a helping hand sometimes. At Caregivers Alberta, our role is to champion them to do what they do best.
Nearly one in four Albertans over the age of 15 are caregivers. We work to raise their profile and ensure they have the resources, community and support they need.
Caregivers provide support for their loved ones in many different situations. Some examples include:
- Providing around-the-clock, in-home care
- Bringing a loved one to appointments, delivering groceries, helping with household chores and maintenance
- Supporting the navigation of the healthcare system, administering and tracking medication
- Being a source of emotional support and companionship
Programs and Services
From complex needs to simple ones, Caregivers Alberta aids in the caregiving journey by providing caregivers with the support and resources to empower them.
Attend our AGM
As our 2021-2022 Annual General Meeting approaches, we welcome you to register.
June 7, 2022 | 5 to 6:30 p.m.
In advance of the AGM, we invite you to review a few documents:
- Slate of new board members to be voted in
- Special resolution updating our 2019 bylaws
- Proposed 2022 bylaws
- Highlights of proposed bylaws
- 2021 financial statements
- 2021 AGM minutes