Upcoming Programs & Events
Caregivers Alberta offers a mix of educational and respite focused programs each month. These include in-person workshops, online webinars, the Caregiver Support Community, and other events. Please check back here regularly or sign up for our monthly newsletter Caregiver Connections to stay up to date!
Making Cent$ of Money
January 28 at 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Manraj will be discussing two important topics, Budgeting 101 and The Truth About Credit!
Budgeting has received a bad reputation as something that is restrictive, boring and doesn’t work. However, a budget is simply a plan for your money based on your priorities and goals! Most of us weren’t born knowing how to intuitively manage our money, our parents likely didn’t discuss money let alone teach us, and it wasn’t part of the curriculum when we were in school, so we learn by the school of hard knocks.
However, here’s the good news – budgeting is skill set that anyone can learn! The better news is that we have broken down budgeting into seven easy steps. In the Making Cent$ of Money: Budgeting 101 workshop, you will learn how to:
- Set SMART financial goals
- Understand the components of a budget
- Track your expenses and identify areas of change
- Plan and pay for irregular expenses
- Create and manage savings for goals like emergency savings and fun things
- Create a paycheque plan
The Truth About Credit!
Ever wondered what the difference between a credit score and a credit report was? Do you know what builds (or reduces) your credit score? Credit can be very confusing and this can lead to decisions that may impact our overall credit profile. Decisions and actions that are seemingly positive may actually impact us negatively.
Information is key to making decisions that positively affect our credit and overall financial situation. In the The Truth About Credit workshop, you will learn how to:
- Identify what’s in it for you to be good with your money and credit
- Identify what is on your credit report and the credit rating system
- Identify the 5 factors that affect your credit score
- Check your own credit report
- Name who may be interested in your credit score/report
- Identify some myths around credit
- Identify ways to build your credit and avoid scams
This workshop is presented by the Credit Counselling Society.