Volunteers are essential to the success of Caregivers Alberta. We need your help to lead caregiver groups, develop programs, host successful events and keep the office running smoothly. We need people who are passionate about caregiving to share their stories.
By volunteering with us, you have an opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator if you are interested in any of the listed positions or if you have a special interest or set of skills that you’d like to share with Caregivers Alberta. We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Board of Directors: Directors provide oversight and set the strategic directions for Caregivers Alberta. More information about becoming a Director is available on the Join the Board page.
- Program Support Volunteer: We are currently looking for a volunteer interested in doing a variety of program support activities including data entry, program material assembly, evaluation records assistance, and program set up. Training is provided for tasks associated but a basic understanding of Excel is needed.
- Office Assistant Volunteer: We are looking for a volunteer office assistant to assist both the Executive Director, Communications Coordinator and Office Administrator with duties such as: fundraising projects, Board development activities, office filing, entering contact/donor information in database, coding for A/P and A/R, and answering the telephones. Training is provided, but a willingness to learn the membership and donor database, experience with MS Office and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Casino Volunteer: We are looking for volunteers for our Casino on January 23-24, 2019 at Casino Edmonton. The funds that we receive from working Casinos are vitally important to supporting the work we do! Training is provided, and there are a variety of different jobs and shifts available:
- Day Banker – 9:00 am to 7:00 pm
- Cashiers – 9:30 am to 7:15 pm and 6:30 pm to 3:15 am
- Chip Runners – 9:30 am to 7:15 pm, 11:30 am to 7:15 pm, 6:30 pm to 3:15 pm
- Evening Banker – 6:15 pm to 4:00 am
- Countroom – 11:00 pm to 3:30 am
- Event Volunteer: Event volunteers assist with the implementation of one-time events prior to and on event day. Specific duties and tasks given based on the volunteer position assigned, but can include: selling 50/50 or raffle tickets, supervising games and stations, food prep and clean-up, etc. A directory of volunteer names and contact information will be kept for future events.
- Next Event Volunteer Opportunity: Casino, January 23-24 2019