Programs & Events Calendar
Caregivers Alberta offers a mix of educational and respite focused programs each month. These include in-person workshops, online webinars, and the Caregiver Support Community. Please check back regularly or sign up for our monthly newsletter Caregiver Connections to stay up to date!
COMPASS Facilitator Training
January 25 at 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm$100 – $695
All three sessions are required to become Licensed COMPASS Facilitator
Monday, January 25, 2021 – 12:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Thursday, January 28, 2021 – 12:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Friday, January 29, 2021 – 12:00 PM to 3:30 PM
Introducing the NEW 4 Module Curriculum! Whether you were previously a registered COMPASS facilitator with Caregivers Alberta or are interested in becoming a newly licensed facilitator to deliver the award winning COMPASS for the Caregiver program in your community, we are offering an ONLINE training opportunity to prepare you in delivering the new curriculum and workshop modules.
Traditionally, COMPASS has been an in-person program delivered to registered participants. We are now introducing an online program option for participants and training facilitators how to deliver both models within their community based settings.
We’ll be reviewing:
- Participant Curriculum Manual
- Facilitator’s Guide & Best Practices
- Program Policies & Procedures
- NEW Registration Process (including participant fees)
- Options for Agency Partners to reduce costs to participants
- Facilitator Compensation Requests
- Marketing and Promotion
- Supplemental Resources
**Please note there are two pre-requisites :
- Delivering this course as a licensed facilitator requires signing a facilitators agreement with Caregivers Alberta, or be listed on an Agency Partnership Agreement, renewable every 2 years.
- You must have previously attended COMPASS for the Caregiver as a program participant (or be registered to do so) prior to teaching it as a facilitator.
This training session is offered via the online platform ZOOM Video Conferencing. It will be important that you can join via computer or tablet (not cell phone). It includes quite a bit of shared screen content, and requires your ability to share a screen as well in part of the training process.
Training is delivered by an experienced facilitator, and includes a facilitator manual, participant workbook and supplemental resources.
For any questions or concerns please contact Johnna Lowther at: firstname.lastname@example.org